At Balwyn Evergreen Centre, volunteers form an integral part of what we do. Over 110 dedicated volunteers work alongside staff to enhance the quality of the services we deliver to our clients.
Volunteering gives people the opportunity to contribute to their local community and make a difference to others. Volunteering at Balwyn Evergreen Centre is now very much a collaboration of needs – the needs of our organization and our clients; and the needs and aspirations of potential volunteers. Volunteering can give the potential volunteer the chance to:
- Increase their connection to their local community and make new friends
- Learn more about their local community and the needs of the clients they are helping
- Gain satisfaction and rewards from using existing life or professional skills or the opportunity to develop new ones
- Be involved in identifying new ways to support clients and assist with program development.
Our Volunteers currently assist with:
- Participating in our Companion Animal Volunteer Support program with dog walking, bathing, grooming, litter changing and assistance in transporting a companion animal to the vet
- Driving for Outings and local transport
- Accompanying clients on our organised day trips
- Participating in programs which enhance client wellbeing e.g. Active Living Programs
- Evergreen Club: kitchen hand and serving afternoon tea;
- Helping with Administration
- Community Garden work.
How do I become a Volunteer for Balwyn Evergreen?
If you have some spare time and would like to join our group of dedicated volunteers please call Brenda Dennis on 9836 9681 for more information.
All new volunteers must undergo a screening process which involves an interview, police and reference check. We complete (and pick up the cost) of the police check. We also provide induction training, appropriate for the role.